Here’s some more detail on the assembly of mantis limbs. The first trick was to work the ‘chenille stems’, i.e. pipe cleaners, down to the very tip of the whip stitched end. This was a bit tricky, and would have been much more frustrating if I didn’t have a pair of needle nosed pliers on hand. The jewelry making tool set I have served me in good stead here.
I probably could have gotten away with just the pipe cleaners, but since I already had the 16 gauge copper wire, which I had used on the legs before, I added that as well. This makes the pincers as strong as the legs are. I’m planning to use the wire (but not the pipe cleaners) as a backbone for the body as well.
Blog Contests and Giveaways
I didn’t win the Ravelry book giveaway, and Cincinnati has guaranteed that I can’t win the March Madknits yarn giveaway. On the other hand, I joined the Simply Sockupied Yarn Giveaway from knitting daily (30 March), and the Fandom Yarn giveaway from bluetooth toaster (8 April), and a pattern from Classic Cable Knits (26 March)