So the TARDIS socks have a fixed stitch count of 76 stitches for the leg. I cast on, as I usually do for socks, two at a time on two circs, and began increasing asymettrically for the toes. The goal is to have 38 stitches on each needle, but when I was up to 23 I began to wonder if maybe my gauge was horribly, horribly wrong. I tried the toes on my feet, and it’s a good fit up to that point, but would a 50% stitch increase really be overkill?
So I pulled out my old copy of Cat Bordhi’s “Personal Footprints“.
This is the pattern book where Cat has us knit a closed footprint, then cut it open, pick up stitches, and knit straight up for the leg. Very simple concept, step by step instructions. Works fine, but I’ve only ever knit one pair of socks from it.
Here it is with 30 stitches per needle. I think it’ll work out fine, especially if I follow Cat’s suggestions and knit the toe to 33 per needle, then knit a few more row before increasing more.
I really like the color and the smallest one is the perfect size for the notions the TARDIS socks need – foldable scissors, tapestry needle, and the bag which holds the needle gauge when it’s not acting as a zipper pull. The other bags look to be good sizes as well.
Blog Contests and Giveaways
I didn’t win either the Sweet Paprika or the Nelsonwood crochet hook giveaways. No new giveaway this time.