Had the third chiropractic visit today, out of a 16 visit biweekly schedule. Definitely a change in my back/neck discomfort, which might mean that it’s working. It’s certainly expected. I may have mentioned before that I’m skeptical, but I got a good deal. I know I mentioned that I fell last week while walking home, and I’ve been limping a bit. I didn’t mention it to him, but he noticed something about my hips, and changed the procedure slightly. I take this as a data point indicating that there’s some relationship between the treatment and the state of my body, and probably a good thing, but still skeptical.
There might have been some slight improvement due to it. Honestly, if the issue at hand is just discomfort, I don’t mind taking a placebo. Especially considering that my conventional medical professional showed literally no interest. If there is an underlying cause which puts me at risk, well, I mentioned it to my MD and it didn’t get sussed out.
In any case, I took the bus home this time. We’ll see what Wednesday looks like.
A to Z
I joined the Blogging from A to Z Challenge (link in the ‘Flare’ section of the sidebar). The idea is to write short posts (almost) every day in April, in alphabetical order, and to check out other blogs participating in the challenge. I’m entrant number 1184. Every one of you is invited to join in the fun.
The Belle Greene shawl is progressing, slowly but surely. However, the beaded, knitted on edging is titchy and takes concentration. The project is no longer portable or sociable. So I decided it was time to cast on the TARDIS socks. I went to my sock needle gauge and realized that I didn’t seem to have any 2.75 mm needles. What I had was, well, a mess.
The cables were snarled together. I couldn’t be sure what I’d already checked and what I hadn’t, and I had no idea how many of each needle size I had.
Unfortunately, even if such a needle case weren’t pricey, if Della Q makes one for sock needles my LYS doesn’t carry it. So I had a problem, a model for a solution, and time to think.
I’ve seen three ring binders loaded with plastic ziploc pockets, and that works fine, but I like my needle case, and I haven’t come across one which pleases me aesthetically.
As it happens, since I schlepped to the bus stop rather than walking home through the pedestrian path I went past a chain craft store. While I was there I picked up some little grommeted labels. I went through my needles with the gauge, sorted them into diameter.
I wrapped each group of needles in a twist-tie and labeled each tie.
I typically knit socks two at a time on two circulars, so in theory I should have two of each sock needle size. In point of fact I have one each of the smallest sizes, and three each for some of the larger ones. I think this is fine. If I need to knit socks on 000s I can always magic loop, and I have been known to use sock needles for provisional cast ons. I think I can work with this.
Of course, the finished product doesn’t look that much neater in the case than it did before, but there’s a lot of hidden chaos which has been banished.
Blog Contests and Giveaways
No winner posted yet for the Sweet Paprika drawing. I entered the giveaway for handmade beads at Silverniknaks (31 March)